Tabs

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Interested in Superheroes or DC/Marvel Comics? Encourage your child to create his own this summer!

Nick's Adventures???   Little did I know my kiddo has typed a 7-page multi-chapter superhero adventure at school during free time.  Only when he asked for a flash drive to bring home his stories and other free time creations did I realize not only how much he had enjoyed writing stories in his free time, but he is now also writing on the home computer instead of always playing Wesnoth :)

Come to think of it, Nick's adventures started last summer when the kids started an Apple imovie camp (which is free) and he did a stop-motion movie about Nick using his Lego figures.  I do remember it being a parody and involved an omelet being used as a weapon!    If your child enjoys writing about his or her superheroes (or any hero or heroine), please email me or leave me a comment.  We can set up an event to share superheroes stories in person or online and, if we meet,  perhaps even do a live action role play based on their stories :)  

Since my kiddo has also started systematic composition in music, perhaps he will write some music for his story and we will make this his imovie for this summer. Or you can commission him to compose some music for your superhero stories :)

Anyway, believe it or not, he has never really read any DC and Marvel comics.  Today I found that I could get 65 original comics for under a dollar each on this deal and I am happy to share it.   Please note that there is a shipping and handling fee and always read the fine print as a consumer.

http://homerun.com/deal/usa-legends-clearinghouse-3?_s=e9b1effd

Back to Nick's Adventures.  Looks like he has a lot of free time in school and I know that he takes 5 minutes to do his Math homework.  Is it surprising that we need to do a change in his education program?  Time for more self-directed studies, study at the level he needs, and develop his passions.

Happy writing and creating this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment